Mass-Vac Safety and Environmental Information
Some of the Steps We Take:
- Mass-Vac, Inc. is licensed as a hazardous waste generator with both the EPA and the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection.
- All hazardous waste is stored in properly-labeled and manifested fifty-five gallon drums in a 200-gallon safety containment sump prior to pickup by a licensed hazardous waste disposal company.
- All required documentation is maintained on-site. All original Material Safety Data Sheets and waste manifests are stored in a central location with copies of appropriate Material Safety Data Sheets located in corresponding work areas.
- Mass-Vac, Inc. has on file a written Hazard Communication Program and Training Manual. And in addition, we conduct routine employee training updates.
- All chemicals on the site are labeled by the NFPA hazard classification system.
- Mass-Vac, Inc. is a member in good standing of the Massachusetts Safety Council, and has an in-house Safety Committee.
- Our work process has been developed in conjunction with a team of certified industrial hygienists, and includes the following features:
- Pumps are torn down in a fume hood.
- Pump oil cases on certain pumps are purged with nitrogen prior to opening.
- Mechanics wear chemical resistant gloves, eye, and body protection.
- Parts are cleaned in a totally enclosed high-temperature and pressure jet washer.
- Pumps are painted in a professional 7000 CFM paint booth.
- Site monitoring includes velometer measurements taken on exhaust equipment, air sampling at pump tear down points, and routine waste stream analysis.